|DURATION||4 days / 3 nights|
PRIVATE GROUP BOOKING
Book more & Save
Kingston is a base for a large cray fishing fleet and locally caught fresh crayfish are available in season from October to May. The Kingston area is also well known for its wine growing with three cellar doors in the area. The township has safe beaches, fishing and excellent windsurfing/sailing conditions. The Cape Jaffa Lighthouse, ‘Larry the Lobster’, Butchers Gap Conservation Park, The Coorong, The Granites and one of the few analemmatic sundials in the world are amongst the attractions in or close to the town.
The package includes
- Luxury Coach Travel
- Twin shared Bed & Cooked Breakfast Buffet Style
- Morning Tea, Coffee & Biscuits along the Way
- Optional Boat Cruise 4 hours with lunch included for 50 passengers for $110pp
Click the "Itinerary" tab for more details.
This morning soon after breakfast, we head out for touring the area of Kingston and Robe, Beachport and Southend.
- Visit the Wineries within the Mount Benson Wine Region – (wine tastings are available at Wangolina Station, Cape Jaffa Winery and Ralph Fowler Wines)
- See the Sundial of Human Involvement, Kev’s Collection Tractor Museum which features fascinating old tractors and stationary engines
- Relax on our sandy beaches, amongst some of the safest in Australia. Ideal for swimming, fishing, windsurfing, sailing or relaxing. Sightings of Dolphins are a regular occurrence
- Visit the National Trust Museum located on James Street (by appointment during Summer Holidays)
- Climb the Cape Jaffa Lighthouse‘s spiral stairs for a 360° view of the town
- Discover the Butchers Gap Conservation Park, exploring the natural vegetation and wildlife.
- See the engine room which supplied the town’s electricity
- Drive along the beach from Pinks Beach to Cape Jaffa or from Kingston to the Granites
- Visit Cape Jaffa – to see the commercial lobster fishing fleet, the Cape Jaffa Marina, the historic Jetty and discover the Lighthouse Cottage Ruins whilst walking along the beach Explore the unique Coorong National Park
Please Note: Optional boat cruise available @ $110 per person
This morning again soon after breakfast, we head towards Coorong, where we have a senior’s day out on a Cruise with “Spirit of the Coorong”, which will take us into a timeless, beautiful blend of waterways and lagoons. Unique flora, fauna and a spectacular dune system with a backdrop of the thundering Great Southern Ocean. The Coorong and Lakes at the mouth of the River Murray support in excess of 200 bird species making this region a bird watchers and photographers paradise.
Otherwise we just tour around from Kingston SE to Coorong and Meningie South Australia area.